Wednesday, December 28, 2011

sensory table, Christmas style

My sensory table has been hit and miss with my students this year.  With past groups of kids it's been a hot spot, needing a timer and refereeing for turn taking.  But this year is different... same activities, different kids... hmmm...

FINALLY, my Christmas mix was a hit (and I didn't have much faith in it when I put it together)!

Ingredients:
  • Wrapping paper (cut into smallish pieces)
  • Garland (also cut into smaller strips)
  • Bows and ribbon
  • $ store bauble ornaments (plastic so they won't break easy - I'd say they're unbreakable, but with preschoolers you never know...)
  • Plastic candy canes (also found at the $ store and I need more!) 
  • Bell ornaments


What I observed:
Lots of sorting, hiding, finding, crumpling, AND...

Bell Banging, using the plastic candy canes for percussion (accompanied by beautiful singing)
Gift Wrapping


Ornament Creating
(using the candy canes as hangers)


Tracing???... someone took the candy canes on a field trip to our art table for some tracing time - great idea!
So glad that this mix worked for my students.  Now to come up with some new ideas for next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment